Sony continues to be on the cutting edge of camera technology with the latest addition to its XCI Smart Camera Series. The four new cameras in the XCI line up are available in monochrome or color with options in both VGA and SXGA resolutions.
Other enhancements to the XCI series include support for C and CS mounts, additional SDRAM memory and enhanced x86 CU performance, digital I/O and interfaces including two USB 2.0 interfaces as well as Gigabit Ethernet. Sony’s next generation of Smart Cameras are ideal for traffic control, security, pharmaceutical, food and beverage inspection as well as traditional machine vision applications.
- SUPERB PICTURE QUALITY - The new cameras incorporate a 1/3 type progressive scan IT CCD providing outstanding picture quality and high resolution images.
- COLOR MODELS – The XCI-V100C and XCI-SX100C color cameras are equipped with original color separation technology.
- HIGH RESOLUTION & FRAME RATES - The and XCI-V100C cameras feature VGA resolution achieving 90 fps – a 50% improvement over previous generations. The and cameras feature SXGA resolution that utilizes a Sony unique light sensitive CCD sensor achieving 30 fps.
- ENHANCED PROCESSOR AND OTHER FEATURES – This generation of cameras are equipped with enhanced processing power (x86 CPU performances) and additional SDRAM memory. Plus customizable FPGA for hardware image processing.
- ADDITIONAL DIGITAL I/O AND INTERFACES WITH SUPERB COMPATIBILITY WITH PERIPHERALS – These cameras are equipped with two USB 2.0 interfaces as well as Gigabit Ethernet I/F to enable wideband transmission. Additional interfaces include monitor output, serial interface (RS232C), trigger input and exposure output.
- HIGH-END SECURITY FEATURES – The XCI Series now comes with several key features that are mandatory for high-end security applications such as support of CS mount lens, mounted Auto Iris Interface, and the ability to capture Wide D images by one shot trigger and two image output.