Sony's new Broadband Remote Camera, the BRC-300, is an entire category unto itself. It's Sony's first robotic camera to offer the quality of three individual mega pixel CCDs for brilliant resolution. Specifically designed for remote video-shooting applications, the Sony BRC-300 incorporates three 1/4.7-type Advanced HAD™ CCDs to provide high-quality, high-resolution images in both 4:3 and 16:9 modes. With its E: Flip function for desktop or ceiling mount flexibility, the BRC-300 is ideal for use in a wide range of remote video shooting applications such as houses of worship, distance learning, corporate training, and cable TV broadcasting.
In addition, its all-in-one design makes it an incredibly affordable alternative to separately configured cameras, lenses and PTZ mounts. And with a high-accuracy and wide-range pan/tilt/zoom capability, users can precisely capture the right points of the viewable area surrounding the BRC300 to meet their needs.
They can also easily operate the camera with Sony's optional RM-BR300 remote control unit, which is equipped with an ergonomic joystick, and feature-rich control panel. The BRC-300 comes equipped with a card slot that accepts optional interface cards, enabling the BRC-300 to be integrated into every kind of system from S-Video to RGB, iLINK™ DVCAM interface (optional card planned to be available soon), SDI or even fiber. In addition, two remote control interfaces (VISCA™ protocol) are available to provide additional expendability and flexibility for user's remote shooting needs.
BRC 300 Features
- 1/4.7-type IT Mega Pixel 3CCD with Advanced HAD technology
- Unique-All-in-One Design - Combines Camera, Lens & Pan/Tilt Mount
- Built-in Auto Focus 48x Zoom Lens
- Minimum Illumination - 7 lux
- Horizontal Resolution - 600 TV Lines
- High Performance Pan/Tilt/Zoom Mechanism
- Pan angle: -170° to +170°
- Tilt angle: -30° to +90°
- 4:3 / 16:9 Aspect Selectable (16:9 Precision Technology)
- E:Flip Function - Allows for Desktop or Ceiling Mount Installation
- Optional Interface Card Slot - SDI, Fiber, RGB and i.LINK™ DVCAM Interfac
- Capability (i.LINK DVCAM card coming soon)
- Optional Joystick Remote Controller - Remotely Control via RS-232C (VISCA protocol) and RS-422 Protocols