VB-C60 & VB-M40
Originally created to meet the specialized needs
of the security industry, the VB-C50i and reverse-mounted
VB-C50iR deliver high-quality video from far distances
and under the dimmest lighting conditions. Building
on Canon's long-standing tradition as the leader
in optics and image processing, they offer greater
flexibility in the most demanding environments.
The VB-C50i/VB-C50iR is perfect for professional-grade
installations, providing a secure and sturdy connection
interface. Now, with the addition of two-way audio
capability, the VB-C50i/VB-C50iR is now ready
for a wider range of users, with security monitoring,
telemedicine, distance learning, webcasting, and
video conferencing among the options. Capturing
subjects beyond the scope of the naked eye, it
breathes new life into the world of monitoring.
Don't lose sight of anything -- in low light,
or in complete darkness. With the Minimum Subject
Illumination feature of the VBC50i, you can still
see what's happening even when light gets as low
as 1 Lux (at 1/30 second shutter speed). The 3-step
backlight control can also increase the brightness
of shaded regions without affecting lighter areas.
Not only that, but when the lights go out completely,
the camera's built-in Infrared (IR) source lets
you continue to monitor the action. (The camera's
IR illumination is effective up to 9.8 feet.)
Nothing can stop the VB-C50i from giving you the
images you need -- even when the lights go out!
The VBC50i comes with an outstanding 26x Optical Zoom
Lens and 12x Digital Zoom capability. With a zoom range
like this, you'll get a wide-angle view that shows you
everything you need to see. Or, you can zoom in and
get a close-up view. When it comes to security camera
zoom, the VB-C50i gives you the best of both worlds.
The VB-C50i lets you see exactly what you need to see
by panning through a broad reach of 200 degrees or tilting
through 120 degrees. The ceiling-mounted, reverse model
also lets you tilt 120 degrees. But, it lets you pan
a remarkable 340 degrees. There's no hiding from these
The VBC50i offers audio capability when the optional
VB-EX50 Multi-Terminal Module is added. With the module
a microphone can be connected to the camera, allowing
remote monitoring of audio at the camera site. Admin
Viewer or Viewer for PC and a speaker-equipped PC allows
you to hear audio with the captured video images. Audio
playback also lets the remote user or a pre-recorded
audio file be heard at the monitored location through
a powered speaker. Playback can also be linked to motion
or sensor triggered events.
Along with the VB-C50i's Genuine
Canon Optics, the VB-C50i comes equipped with an impressive
1/4", 340,000 pixel CCD that gives you the ability
to simultaneously transmit images in 3 viewer-selectable
sizes with excellent resolution (30fps at 640x480).
You can also enable IP monitoring for up to 50 clients.
At a mere 0.89 lbs, the VB-C50i is a compact featherweight that's easily mounted wherever you need a camera. Not only that, the VB-C50iR reverse model can be installed on the ceiling -- out of reach, out of sight, and above the competition.
|Total Number of Pixels
||1/4" CCD 340,000 Effective Pixels
||1 Lux (1/30 shutter speed)
||26X Optical Zoom Lens/12X Digital Zoom
|Pan Angle Range
|Tilt Angle Range
||VB-C50i: 4.1 x 5.1 x 4.3 in. (104.6 x 130.3 x 108.7mm)
VB-C50iR: 4.1 x 5.1 x 4.4 in. (104.6 x 130.3 x 110.6 mm)
VB-C50i: Approx. 1.4 lbs (620g)
VB-C50iR: 1.5lbs. (700g)
Network Video Solutions from Canon allow you to transmit high-quality video images through the Internet or a LAN connection. This may involve an individual viewing scenes from multiple locations, many individuals viewing a single location or a combination of the two. Network Video Solutions literally put you and/or the information you wish to broadcast in several places at once:
With over 60 years of industry-leading experience and a host of groundbreaking technical innovations to its credit, Canon richly deserves its reputation as maker of the world's most advanced cameras and photographic equipment:
- Record -- Anything that's transmitted can be recorded and stored to be viewed again at any time, a crucial factor in safety and security applications.
- Share -- Network Video Solutions can accommodate multiple viewers and multiple image locations, linking people in a way no other technology can offer.
- Flexibility -- Canon systems make installation, configuration and maintenance easy, so you'll be up and running quickly and worry-free.
- Save -- Putting Canon's Network Video Solutions to work for you will boost the productivity of your business immediately, for cost and time savings that go straight to your bottom line.
- Each camera features a CCD sensor built to Canon's exacting specifications, ensuring high-resolution images in a variety of motion patterns and lighting conditions.
- Canon's Network Video Solutions are designed to perform long term in demanding situations with minimal maintenance.
- From network-ready cameras to servers to software, Canon offers a complete, fully integrated system that's ready to go to work.
- Medical Facility -- Monitor multiple locations to provide the highest quality care and security in facilities where quick reactions are essential.
- Retail Store -- Strategically located cameras can dramatically improve security and allow employees to provide more prompt customer service.
- Construction Site -- Oversee security, safety practices and project status wherever you are. Ideal for client presentations as well.
- Museum or Gallery -- Constant surveillance in multiple locations can reduce staffing requirements and give you greater peace of mind.
- Teleconferencing -- Conduct high-quality meetings with colleagues and clients all over the world for unmatched convenience and substantial cost savings.
- Distance Learning -- Broadcast lectures and classroom sessions to remote students. WebView's crisp images and superior camera control make students feel as if they're in the room.
- Tourism -- Promote destinations and attractions with live views available to prospective visitors anywhere in the world.
- Traffic Reports -- Newsrooms can monitor key sites to give accurate, real-time traffic reports.